• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

Re: Best Furthur shows?

#225085 1 year, 10 months ago
manunyc wrote:
07-24-2011 pnc off the top of my head any time I think back that show always comes first as one of those nights where everything just click and was firing on all cylinders.Even more so in the second set. But could just be my memory.

archive.org/details/furthur2011-07-24.sb...ficial.114844.flac16

Yeah the Holmdel N.J. 2011 had a very, very loud and enthusiastic crowd which they commented on at that time so there was 'synergy' the band feeding off of that enthusiasm and vice verse.
The following user(s) said Thank You: killwhyT
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#225097 1 year, 10 months ago
deadegad wrote:
manunyc wrote:
07-24-2011 pnc off the top of my head any time I think back that show always comes first as one of those nights where everything just click and was firing on all cylinders.Even more so in the second set. But could just be my memory.

archive.org/details/furthur2011-07-24.sb...ficial.114844.flac16

Yeah the Holmdel N.J. 2011 had a very, very loud and enthusiastic crowd which they commented on at that time so there was 'synergy' the band feeding off of that enthusiasm and vice verse.

That was a nice show, you could download my recording of it from LMA if you'd like a copy of it or just stream it.
archive.org/details/furthur2011-07-24.vp...igigal.115053.flac16

I've got many favorites myself and it's nice to think their best is yet to come.
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by DigiGal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deadegad
kblodget
Junior Boarder

#225102 1 year, 10 months ago
I have been to 12.

Cornell 2010, Radio City Fri/Sat 2011, Red Rocks Fri/Sat/Sun 2011, Buffalo 2011, Boston Fri/Sat 2012, Rochester 2012, Vegas 2012, Greek Fri 2012.

Greek Theatre 10/5/12 was awesome. Lucas Nelson brought tons of energy with great charisma and a killer I shall be released - a song the dead should have played often. Check out the video.

The vegas show the night before was my favourite show before the greek. Never been in a crowd with more energy.

Buffalo Nov 2011 was fantastic as well.

A couple comments about the Red Rocks 2011 shows earlier. I found the Saturday a bit too spacy. I loved Friday, but Sunday was the best.
Jasper
Senior Boarder

#225133 1 year, 10 months ago
I recall a couple of comments about the quality of the soundboard recordings last year. Has anyone a comment about the NYE shows?

J
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder

#225136 1 year, 10 months ago
I had to break down and buy the 12/30/12 show from G and H. I am only through to big River but so far it sounds good. I bought first night of Red Rocks from this year and it also sounds good. The ones I got at the Beacon kind of sucked. And the one from Detroit from the summer has a serious buzzing noise throughout, but I recall hearing that at the show. Bob had his rig all jacked up and I think this was the culprit.
I think, for the most part, the GH sbds are adequate and worth the 16 bucks for the dl. Again, others may disagree, but that's my opinion.
Right now, I can't read too well...
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#225138 1 year, 10 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
IMO...

Radio City with Elvis Costello was thee best I saw...

Phils B-Day at Nokia was really good...

& The 1st Mann show in Philly was fantastic as well...

those are my top 3..

I know radio city last year was amazin it must have been the roses with that huge rose opening and closing in the back ground awsome and whats become of the baby blew my mind !!!!!!!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#225150 1 year, 10 months ago
OZA wrote:
12/30/12 anybody?

Definitely a keeper IMO.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#225156 1 year, 10 months ago
12/29/12 is up on LMA now, surely more will trickle in.
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder

#225338 1 year, 9 months ago
12/30/12 is mighty fine. Great set list too.
Chester
More or less in line

#225371 1 year, 9 months ago
dead_in_ky wrote:
12/30/12 is mighty fine. Great set list too.

I have to put the whole run up there. With 12/31 being a highlight. But it was an event. Not just a show.
(12/30 was a great show. )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder

#225381 1 year, 9 months ago
Would have loved to have been there. Seemed like an off selection of opening numbers. Honestly have yet to listen to set 3 and encore.
RBull
Junior Boarder

#225410 1 year, 9 months ago
I'm kind of partial to 11-11-11, especially the Eleven being played at 11:11 pm! All around a pretty spectacular show, IMO
The following user(s) said Thank You: DigiGal, DancinBear
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds