• Topics not covered in other forums.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#230851 1 year, 8 months ago
RowTimmy wrote:
strangerinboulder wrote:
RowTimmy wrote:
Ventura county fairgrounds, or Id take the Greek in Berkley.

Saw them there in '83, + '87. Great place. A little on the dusty side though. Ventura that is.

I was there in 83 also. Its the only place you can take a dip in the ocean during set break.
Went to dinner after the show and sat at table next to Jerry and his peeps. We were actually warned about "undesirables" prior to being seated only to find out it was Jerry and pals. I think it was his birthday if I remember.

A day before in '83. I remember he had a button up long sleeve flannel shirt, + one of those smokeless ashtrays from Ronco I think. Funny stuff.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by strangerinboulder.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#230858 1 year, 8 months ago
Well, now that you mention it...a 9000 seat temporary amphitheater will be installed at Pier 29 in San Francisco for the America's cup. Awesome siting on the Bay. The first announced act is Sting June 2nd. I am already reading comments calling for 'local' talent to be showcased there. I couldn't help thinking what a sweet spot for a Furthur show or two or three...

ww3.hdnux.com/photos/17/41/36/4069274/5/628x471.jpg

I agree with Berkeley Greek and Ventura Fairgrounds too.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Daisy Mae.
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#230873 1 year, 8 months ago
roadtrip.....Glastonbury
The following user(s) said Thank You: AcidTestGraduate
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#230951 1 year, 8 months ago
I would like/Love Furthur to play in Topanga Canyon at Topanga Days Music Festival.
I saw 7 Walkers there in 2011.
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#230956 1 year, 8 months ago
Angels Camp, Angels Camp, Angels Camp, Angels Camp, and my backyard, you're all invited!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, mjwhitegd, splatter_face, ChefArugula
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#230960 1 year, 8 months ago
If Furthur's venue trend continues toward smaller places, then they should play the Mishawaka ... talk about a traffic jam! It would be awesome though ... Or one of the ski towns ... Widespread has done Keystone, Winter Park and Snowmass ... hint hint Jazz Aspen Snowmass over Labor Day would be fuggin the bomb!

I don't think Furthur would even come close to selling enough tickets to make the Gorge worth it. (To them anyway).
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#230966 1 year, 8 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
If Furthur's venue trend continues toward smaller places, then they should play the Mishawaka ... talk about a traffic jam! It would be awesome though ... Or one of the ski towns ... Widespread has done Keystone, Winter Park and Snowmass ... hint hint Jazz Aspen Snowmass over Labor Day would be fuggin the bomb!

I don't think Furthur would even come close to selling enough tickets to make the Gorge worth it. (To them anyway).

Mishawaka, State Bridge, Howelsen Hill etc...Would be amazing!
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
probeck2001
Junior Boarder

#230970 1 year, 8 months ago
I want them to play the BB@T Center in Sunrise, Florida. Sure it's a big arena, but I can get a non stop flight on Southwest from Philly to Ft. Lauderdale that's already paid for since I had to cancel an earlier flight. One more time!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jodiah
probeck2001
Junior Boarder

#230972 1 year, 8 months ago
Also would be good with the venues in Miami and Boca Raton. Those are about half an hour each from Ft. Lauderdale.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jodiah
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#231004 1 year, 8 months ago
Denver Man wrote:

When do tickets go on sale? The Mish would be great. How 'bout the Lefthand Brewery parking lot?
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by strangerinboulder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds