• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Ramblin_Joe
Junior Boarder

MY BROTHER ESAU tonight @ Shoreline???

#31014 3 years, 2 months ago
John Perry Barlow, one of the Dead's two main lyric writers, tweeted that he made it to Furthur's 2nd set last night. If he's there for tonight's show, I'm making the prediction that they'll finally play MY BROTHER ESAU.

I won't be at the show but I'll have my fingers crossed for those in attendence.

83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: MY BROTHER ESAU tonight @ Shoreline???

#31015 3 years, 2 months ago
bobby said they wanted to rewrite it @ the tri studio webcast ya think they got it done that fast?guees will see
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Chester
More or less in line

#31016 3 years, 2 months ago
Yeah! That'd be great. Been waiting for that since the Broomfield tease.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#31017 3 years, 2 months ago
I'd like to hear an Esau
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Ramblin_Joe
Junior Boarder

#31027 3 years, 2 months ago
LOOKS LIKE RAIN is another possibility, especially if it's raining out there...
JerseyRed
Fresh Boarder

#31028 3 years, 2 months ago
JPB has been around a bit the last couple tours. I saw him at the last Radio City shows and I heard he made a few other shows
mattgill
Junior Boarder
Atleast I'm enjoying the ride.

#31039 3 years, 2 months ago
I really hope they bring Esau back into the repetoire, such a great tune. Hope you get it out there tonight man, enjoy the show.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#31060 3 years, 2 months ago
I wonder if Bob even convinced John to rewrite it....... remember they were having a little disagreement about it and Bobby said something like "I'll hassle him about this later" because when he first mentioned rewriting it John was like "Well I don't know, a lot of people like that song"

I wonder if John could of convinced him to sing it without rewriting ? - It didn't really seem like Bobby wanted to sing it in its original lyrics....
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#31085 3 years, 2 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
I wonder if Bob even convinced John to rewrite it....... remember they were having a little disagreement about it and Bobby said something like "I'll hassle him about this later" because when he first mentioned rewriting it John was like "Well I don't know, a lot of people like that song"

I wonder if John could of convinced him to sing it without rewriting ? - It didn't really seem like Bobby wanted to sing it in its original lyrics....

to understand why you have to read the lyrics a little deeper, think about the context of the song, think about the time and era it was performed

esau had different lyrics on many occasions

its one that bob obviously never felt he quite got right
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
intothesun
Visitor

#31097 3 years, 2 months ago
who cares if bob likes it?! we ALL FUCKIN LOVE IT TO DEATH !!!! (and he does too , deep down under all that facial hair!)
"Yet, sometimes at night i dream, he is that hairy man, shadowboxing the apocolypse and wandering the land."

the song is a fucking masterpiece.
i dont think my body could resist dancing if i tried to when hearing this song. im sure he'll get over trying to deal with perfection at its finest. hey bob, stop bluffing. your being ocd. play it in philly and also high upon the mountain...
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds