• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Going Down the Road Feeling Glad...

#85510 2 years, 10 months ago
Still loving this thread Paige!!
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#85566 2 years, 10 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
dont ruin a good thread with your bullshit steve go back under your bridge ya troll

83, Sue, and the rest of the Forum, thanks for the support:)

The Moderator has removed the post in question.

Thanks again Furthur!

Love you Bobby and Phil!!!!!

Paige
Paris Hilton
Visitor

#86987 2 years, 10 months ago
That's hot.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#87050 2 years, 10 months ago
I cant believe it took me this long to read this thread. I love all things historical. Great job. Thanks for making my day.
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by neverstop66. Reason: poor sentences
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#87225 2 years, 10 months ago
neverstop66 wrote:
I cant believe it took me this long to read this thread. I love all things historical. Great job. Thanks for making my day.

Thank You!
Paige MoonDancer
Senior Boarder

#87262 2 years, 10 months ago
lovers.jpg

Extract from a 3,000 year-old papyrus.

She is one girl, there is no one like her.
She is more beautiful than any other.
Look, she is like a star goddess arising
at the beginning of a happy new year;
brilliantly white, bright skinned;
with beautiful eyes for looking,
with sweet lips for speaking;
she has not one phrase too many.
With a long neck and white breast,
her hair of genuine lapis lazuli;
her arm more brilliant than gold;
her fingers like lotus flowers,
with heavy buttocks and girt waist.
Her thighs offer her beauty,
with a brisk step she treads on ground.
She has captured my heart in her embrace.
She makes all men turn their necks
to look at her.
One looks at her passing by,
this one, the unique one.

artists.jpg

banjo.jpg

family.jpg
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#88259 2 years, 10 months ago
is it anancient love letter or an ode to a beautiful woman .we shall never know
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Paige MoonDancer
Senior Boarder

#91486 2 years, 10 months ago
Persephone and the Story of the Seasons:the mystery of the cycle; as a tale of ancient Greece

Journey to the Land of the Dead

creteandegypt.jpg

109_0961_jpgpeploskore530bc.jpg

Many years ago, there was a mother who loved her daughter very much. This mother was a powerful goddess called Meter, which means Mother. Her Kore, or Persephone, loved her Mother in return with a pure and innocent joy. Persephone knew her DeMeter well. Demeter knew all the secrets of the earth, as they were made of the same Matrix, and the energy between them was shared life. She taught Persephone the knowledge of generation and Ecstasy, the secrets held in every green thing that grows.

crete.jpg

minoanoctopus.jpg

knossos.jpg

smggodes.jpg

thenewbornkore.jpg

kore.jpg

dionys2.jpg

sm-demeter-pershephone.jpg

dionys2.jpg

demeterandherdaughter.jpg

Together they wandered in the perpetual rapture of nature; never was there a human with a want, no words for hunger, thrist, or pain.

persephonepicksflowers.jpg

And wherever the earth touched the feet of Persephone, the most beautiful and special flowers bloomed for her pleasure.

plutoandpersephone.jpg

One day, Demeter was called to her husband's home on the mountaintop. She left Persephone in a meadow, watched over by a young swineherd
with his sacred pigs.

piglet.jpg

Hades, the underworld god and brother of Zeus,( her father), had been watching Persephone and plotted with his brother to steal her from the face of the earth to become the Queen of the Dead.

hadesabductspersephone.jpg

So while Demeter was occupied with Zeus, Hades in his Chariot appeared from hole in the earth and grabbed the beautiful Persephone. As they descended into the darkness with frightening speed, Persephone screamed out, "Mother, Mother, Mother help me!" Demeter heard the cries of her daughter mixed up in the squeals of the pigs that had fallen in the hole with her child.
hadesstealspersephone.jpg

She came running, but it was to late to save Persephone. The swineherd had not witnessed the abduction, but told her that the hole appeared when Kore disappeared. He too had heard Persephones cries. Together the swineherd and Demeter cried out her name, "Kore, Kore, Kore!" searching for her in vain.

sm-haides.jpg

Demeter searched the face of the earth, but could not find her.
demetersearches.jpg

Demeter's vital energy diminished as her grief increased. She became old. The leaves of the trees became like the colors of fire and then blew away in the bitter wind. Her tears were cold rain and snow that never ceased. Soon the people of earth were in danger of extinction.
demetermournsforpersephone.jpg

In the world below, unknown to her mother, Persephone pined for the world of light and glory above. The cold grip of her husband's hands mortified her. She would not eat the food offered to her.
PersnHade_2011-11-26.jpg

Persephone was instructed in her wifely duties and presided over the shades that populated her world.
img_persephone_2011-11-26.jpg

Demeter continued her search. She looked like a withered hunched backed crone. In her wanderings, she came across a family that offered her kind hospitality in spite of the scarcity of food. They made her laugh long enough to stop the rain and snow. Demeter treated their son with kindness and taught him the arts of agriculture so that man would not starve. Still, the world had become a cruel place.
sm-demeter-with-torches_2011-11-26.jpg

Persephone's memory of the light began to fade and she began to take pride in her accomplishments below, if not actually enjoy them.
greekunderworld.jpg

Demeter sought out Hermes. " I have looked over the face of the earth and not found my child. Hermes, you can fly anywhere with your winged sandals. Please visit the world below and tell me if you find Persephone."
hermesanddemeter.jpg

Hermes appeared below and made the pretense of making a social visit to Hades. Hermes caught a glimpse of Persephone.
He returned to Demeter and said " I have seen her and she is the Queen of the Dead."
dionys6.jpg

Demeter returned to her husband Zeus and demanded that he force Hades to return Persephone to her. Zeus refused and then relented when his own part in the plot was exposed.
Hades spoke sweetly to Persephone, desiring to keep her, tempted her with the red ripe kernels of the pomegranate.
sheeats.jpg

Before Hermes returned to retrieve her, Persephone ate six kernels. Hades smiled and said to her "You have eaten the food of the Dead. For every kernel you consumed, you will spend a month with me here in the underworld."
Demeter sobbed when learned that she was to share Persephone with Hades part of the year. Earth appeared and comforted Demeter with a promise to protect Persephone when she served her time below every year.
hekate.jpg

intiation.jpg

eleusis.jpg

Demeter comforted herself by teaching men the secrets of seasons and the arts of love.
hercules-initiation12.jpg

mysteriescrete.jpg

220px-Ergot01.jpg

Any every spring, her beautiful Kore returns to her Mother, reborn and blissful.
thereturnofpersephone2.jpg

And the spring and summer brings the Mother and daughter reunion and growth.
thereturnofpersephone.jpg

And when the Harvest comes, and the sheaves brought in from the fields, and seed threshed free of the chaff,
800px-kernos_melos_sevres_3.jpg

there is joy and sorrow
pomegran.jpg

minoanharvestjar.jpg

in the rebirth
the4months.jpg
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Paige MoonDancer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, kevin, scar1et_f1re, SunshineSue
Chester
More or less in line

#91541 2 years, 10 months ago
Paige, your knowledge of Greek mythology is impressive. I love this stuff.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Chester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Paige MoonDancer
Paige MoonDancer
Senior Boarder

#91558 2 years, 10 months ago
Chester wrote:
Paige, your knowledge of Greek mythology is impressive. I love this stuff.

Thank You:0
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
Time to create page: 1.18 seconds