• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
james wright
Junior Boarder

Re: "Best" of West Coast Fall Tour

#75622 2 years, 10 months ago
I only did the three nights in Eugene. Friday and Sunday were my fav but nothing sucked was weak imo
"You can't quit the mob"-Ken Kesey
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by james wright.
seamustunes
Fresh Boarder

#75656 2 years, 10 months ago
I thought the second night of the monterey shows was amazing. it isn't often you get a second set like that one!! John poured everything into that Morning Dew and Phil rocked the bass that night. It was a little crowded but, if anything, it added to the whole experience to me!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
paulr
Junior Boarder

#76739 2 years, 10 months ago
We were on from Eugene through Red Rocks. Both my favorites of the trip. Montana Scarlet > Fire was pretty magical too.
Terrapin in Utah : )
Attics in Red Rocks...
The ride up to Montana on hwy 12 was pretty magical in itself.......
The following user(s) said Thank You: craze, B-Rad
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#85909 2 years, 9 months ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
Now that the West coast fall tour is over and we're starting to digest all that went down, i'm curious to know everyone's favorite (and not so favorite) shows.

for me there were many high points and very few low points. all things considered (venue, vibe and quality of show) Eugene and Monterey were my favorites. the 2nd night in Eugene (09/24) and the 1st night in Monterey (10/07) are at the top of my list. the 1st night of LA was my least favorite show, but the 2nd night of LA is in my top 3. Vegas was a great show (despite all the negative reviews). i still can't figure out why so many people hated the Vegas show, i loved it! i wasn't at the Red Rocks, Montana or Utah shows so i can't speak directly to those shows, but i will say that i really wish i had gone to Red Rocks. in my nearly 30 years of going to concerts Red Rocks still remains on my bucket list, and i really need to get there.

what did everyone else think?
taper.tsquare, I fully concur. Eugene was great. Both nights good, but second night best. Monterey first night was on fire for sure. Dug the old vibe there...Monterey Pop Festival 1967 stage where Jimmy lit his guitar on fire still being used! We camped in the little known campground like literally 200 feet from the stage. Think there were like 40 campers total! Tight bunch by the end, just sayin'.
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#86067 2 years, 9 months ago
This is really interesting. Because from a strictly couch touring after-the-fact listening point of view I thin the first night, second set of the Greek was hands down the best set of the west coast tour...that being said I think the Portland CCC show was the best east coast show thus far...but I was there and have a certain kinda connection to that show in particular. Other thoughts????
peaceful
Junior Boarder

#86575 2 years, 9 months ago
The Missoula show was the best for me because it was the only one I went to. I still ge t goose bumps from these guys. Got a really cool t-shirt. Met some new and fantastic people. I'm pretty sure Bobby spit on me a couple of times. I really dug the Scarlet>Fire. The Sugaree was awesome too! And the drive to and from on hwy 12 was absolutely spectacular, that drive never gets old. We are so blessed to be able to hear this beautiful music! Thanks for sharing with us. I hope I'm still rockin' when I'm 71! Peace and One Love! Have Fun!
whatdah
Junior Boarder

#86658 2 years, 9 months ago
absolutely. second set saturday night, specifically JK's rippin Dew was the highlight of the weekend.
Don't shake the tree if the fruit ain't ripe
Time to create page: 0.82 seconds