• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
StaggerLee13
Junior Boarder

Furthur what happened to $39.50 tickets......

#84785 2 years, 11 months ago
I must be a lucid dreamer because I could have sworn Phil Lesh and Bob Weir, early on in this band, mentioned they were pricing their tickets at 39.50 a pop all the way through...something like NO FLUCTUATING TICKET PRICES!

125$ to attend 2 shows...I saw msg floor tickes going for $83.50 each plus fees on ticketmaster..

............."OUUCH"!!! said the wallet(or credit card)!..........
TMax
Senior Boarder

Re: Furthur what happened to $39.50 tickets......

#84810 2 years, 11 months ago
I was just putting my Furthur ticket stubs into my setlist journal and noticed that I paid $10.50 my first Dead show (5-5-81) and $73.50 for the Manchester show the other night... good thing we hippies all went out and got jobs!
You can't get lost when you're always found...
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
US Blues
Fresh Boarder

#84811 2 years, 11 months ago
TMax wrote:
I was just putting my Furthur ticket stubs into my setlist journal and noticed that I paid $10.50 my first Dead show (5-5-81) and $73.50 for the Manchester show the other night... good thing we hippies all went out and got jobs!

Great first show TMax, full strength Grateful Dead that night.

As for ticket prices friends: "Keep your day job, til you night job pays..."
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#84824 2 years, 11 months ago
Thats why I took this tour off until hopefully another summer tour. There are other good bands out there. Went to see a band last month that were 15 bucks a ticket.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#84933 2 years, 11 months ago
i had to limit my number of furthur shows do to high ticket prices, but i got to see alot of smaller bands, that play in bars/clubs often to like closin time (devil makes 3, dave nelson band, old crow still play gigs for 15-20 bucks sometimes free) those are just my favs off the top of my head. NYE ticket prices are crazy i thnk, unless they are having some crazy xtras or sumptin. if im payin a bill per show, id just as soon billy and mickey be there.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#85525 2 years, 11 months ago
[quote=I saw msg floor tickes going for $83.50 each plus fees on ticketmaster..

$83.50 was not just for floor seats, mine was the same price up in the 200's. The seats in the 400's were only $39.50 and I was able to buy one for my wife right before showtime from fellow boarder mcolleen (thanks again! :cheer: ) No one was checking tickets inside MSG so we never went up to her seat. We tried to get down to the floor at half time but it was way to hairy
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Island Head.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#86042 2 years, 11 months ago
i think they should keep ticket prices low, i mean shit, it alnt like they are payin four or five big paychecks, just bob and phils, jesus christ, like i said if it was alll four, id would not complain but...
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

#86044 2 years, 11 months ago
Less people = Higher ticket prices...
Its a no brainer.
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds