• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

Albany- My review

#86485 2 years, 11 months ago
Shakedown street was great. Got myself some baklava, delicious, I actually found myself craving some on the way home. Come showtime everyone was quite surprised at how low the ticket sales were. My $45, upper level seat got upgraded to a lower level seat. The place was not even half full. I was a little worried but I found out even a small crowed of enthusiastic deadheads brought plenty of energy.
Set I
Here Comes Sunshine was a pleasant opener. and Row Jimmy was of course a real treat, and very well played. During Big Bad Blues, and Magnolia Mountain things started to lag on with the slower tempo songs. So its a good thing they finally jumped into Minglewood Blues, then Dire Wolf, Loose Lucy, and closed it out with another slow, mellow Cosmic Charlie.
Set II
Passenger, Here Comes the Sun, and No More Do I, all intro to the second set songs. Somewhat of an exception for Here Comes the Sun which had a jam at the end that I couldn't quite groove to. Seemed like they were messing with the time signature or something. ANYWAYS, then comes the meat of the second set, Estimated>Cryptical>Other One>Crytical>Watchtower>Stella blue. Awesome spacey jams coming out of Estimated Prophet, and during The Other One. We were just eating it up. Watchtower was rockin, great upbeat song that had the whole place dancing. I love it when your dancing and you look up and see EVERYONE else dancing. Stella Blue was a beautiful cap to the sequence. John showed us all how perfect he is to be playing alongside Bob and Phil. The crowd was hanging on his every note. Uncle Johns Band to close the set was good. I really liked the encore, Not Fade Away and Brokedown Palace, a perfect combination of songs to leave us with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, PMoondancer , Cub, SunshineSue
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds